At NEP we develop and run Mediabank.com, the award-winning Media Asset Management (MAM) platform. Mediabank is a SaaS platform providing a wide range of solutions for different markets - like Sports Rights Holders, Broadcasters and Corporations.
We increase the value of our clients’ media assets by enriching and sharing content across all media platforms – Linear TV, OTT, Social Media, Websites…, Mediabank enables fast monetization of assets throughout the value chain regardless of location.
We provide media services for clients like UEFA, Fotball Media, Discovery Networks, Viasat and RiksToto to transform the way video is created, managed and distributed - worldwide. We are proud to be part of major events across the globe such as the Olympic games, major football competitions and large corporate launches to name but a few.
Our core development teams are based in Oslo and are a tight knitted group of passionate colleagues. We are looking for talented and passionate back-end developers to join the teams and contribute to the growth of Mediabank, innovate with us, and be part of a revolutionary global broadcasting/media technology powerhouse.
We are looking for a strong contributor that will thrive for providing the best experience to our users. The position is a full-time position at our Oslo office to work within our development teams.
The tasks range from hands-on programming, design sessions with stakeholders to maintenance of the platform. We aim at having a continuous deployment development model and containerized architecture, two concepts we are pioneering in our industry.
In addition to skilled front-end and other back-end developers you will be collaborating with internal UX/UI design and CSS experts that are focusing on the user experience and ergonomics of the platform.
- Solid experience as a back-end developer
- Deep and thorough understanding of back-end architecture, including APIs and microservices
- Documented experience with PHP development and frameworks like Symphony or Lumen
- Proven track record of contribution in large projects/products
- A strong eye for system architecture and patterns
- Strong knowledge of both SQL (PostgreSQL) and NoSQL databases.
- Familiar and supporter of Agile development
- Experience with unit and integration testing
- Knowledge of Kubernetes and containerized architecture
The ideal candidate will bring on board a positive attitude, see opportunities instead of challenges and is eager to provide best in class experience for our clients.
In addition, you are:
- A strong team player able to collaborate closely with team mates and other internal stakeholders (Product Managers, Delivery Managers ...).
- Result oriented and focused contributor able to work with deadlines and relate to roadmaps.
- Curious and self-driven learner with a holistic approach to complex challenges.
- Able to withstand periods of high activity linked to major sports events (Olympics, EURO2020 …).
If you identify with the above, we look forward to hearing from you.
At NEP we believe in being in integrity, team work, innovation and passion. We work together with leading actors in the Sports, Broadcast and Media industries. NEP opens for a wide network of 90 offices in 24 countries, where the values we believe in are the common driver for bringing innovation to our clients.
Mediabank has a strong record of industry firsts, such as cloud-based deployment, most powerful rights management engine, live tagging of events… We are thriving for innovation and performance. We have worked hard to get at the forefront of our industry and are working harder to remain there.
As a member of the development team you will be:
- Given responsibilities and ownership of your tasks
- Working with highly skilled colleagues with international experience
- Exploring new technologies and their implementation in Mediabank
- Provided with training, personal development and career opportunities
- Enjoying working in an Informal atmosphere with many activities (skiing, kick-offs, monthly gatherings for chat and drinks, etc).
Because the financials also matter, we are also offering the following:
- Competitive salary based on relevant experience and track record
- Very good pension scheme
- Private health insurance
- Travel insurance
- Membership at fitness studio
- Location: Olso, Norway. We are open for applications of candidates based outside Oslo.
- Languages required: English (Full professional proficiency) & Norwegian (starter level willing to become fluent). Other languages are a plus as we interact with international clients and partners.
- Application deadline: Ongoing applications.
- Visa requirements: NORWAY/EU work permit required. Ideally, candidates should already be based in Oslo. Candidates located outside of Norway are encouraged to reach out and their applications will be considered as well.
All inquiries will be treated with confidentiality.
Other career opportunities at NEP worldwide https://www.nepgroup.com/career/current-openings